Looking for free seminars in Massachusetts

5 Replies

Hello, everyone!! I have spent the past 30 plus days educating myself with several books from the BiggerPockets family. Working towards buying my first investment property some time in the next 6-8 months. I live in Boston, MA and am looking for some good seminars (preferably free) to attend in my state. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions. I am very excited to be starting this new journey in my life and joining all of you in the world of rental property investing!!

Stephen - where are you based out of in Boston?  I’d highly recommend taking the allston Brighton CDC first time buyer course.  It’s not free but would qualify you for low interest financing programs in the state. 

I’m actually a volunteer instructor for this course and would be happy to meet and chat. 

Cheers,

Cheng

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Thank you @Jeremy Wirths for the mention. 
Hi @Stephen Keenan we host 5 monthly meetups in MA (Worcester, Lowell, Waltham virtual) and NH (Rochester) where we bring in guest speakers to share knowledge with the group. We normally get 40-50 attendees. It’s free and open to the public. They’re posted here on BP on the Events tab under the name “Pints  & Properties” but if you have a hard time finding them just let me know. 

We do have some training webinar recordings on YouTube that we use for our real estate agents but it’s not organized into a training platform (yet). I’d be curious to hear what you’re looking for since creating better online resources for our clients and agents is one of our goals for Q1 2022.

Best,

Jon

@Stephen Keenan - Have you considered opening up a HELOC on your primary to purchase your next property? Or house-hack and go in with a low 3.5% down payment on a multi-family? I recommend you go to some of these networking events and talk with other investors. @Jonathan Bombaci is super knowledgeable so I know his meetups are pretty educational. At the end of the day, I'm sure you have some other options available if you wanted to purchase prior to June 2022. In addition, if you ever wanted to chat about creative financing, I'm happy to help. I used a HELOC to purchase my last 3 deals.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you