Leverging a paid for rental.

2 Replies

I have two rentals and one is owned free and clear with a value of $80,000.

I also have been a landlord for over three years now.

I would like to leverage my $80,000 property to buy more properties and increase my positive cash flow. I currently am getting $675 a month positive cash on my paid for rental and would like to receive at least $300 a month on future properties that are financed.

My question is, what would be the best way to leverage this property and will the lender consider me a seasoned investor and work with me ?

Thanks.

Chad,

As I was first starting out, my lender was willing to lend to me based on my income and ability to pay the loans (w-2 income).  Over time, I've proven to my lender that I know what deals to work and how I will go about generating cash flow from a rental.  I would think with a decent credit history, your track record as a landlord and a few conversations with a local lender you would not have any problem getting financing on the property that is free and clear.

Hope this helps!

Jake

Thanks Jake,

I'm hoping I can qualify by the banks 75% rule alone without adding to my DTI ratio. Time to take this to the next level one way or another.

chad.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.