• Real Estate Investor / Syndicator
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Need private lender

James Kandasamy
  • Austin, TX
Posted Sep 20 2014, 15:27
Hi I need a private lender for a a house that I am buying to hold as rental. Details below Purchase price. 47k Rehab 38k ARV 125k I would need funding for 47+38= 85k. That is 68% of ARV . The 38k rehab can be release in stages as rehab progresses, I would refi to conventional loan in 3-8 months . We can talk if the funding can be done for longer term. I have the house under contract now. Location : San Antonio, TX Let me know if anybody need more details. James

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied Sep 20 2014, 15:41

You'd likely be find raising money to be easier if you can bring at least some of the cash to the deal yourself.  The big question is, if you can't bring any cash to the deal, how will you be able to refi in 3-8 months without a downpayment?

User Stats

Votes
James Kandasamy
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 20 2014, 16:22

@J Scott Thanks Scott for replying. 

I can always bring money to the table but would like it to be minimal . I usually do double close with this kind of deal. First I would close it with Hard Money Lender with 70% (including rehab and closing cost). Then the 2nd closing with 75% refi where the 5% difference would absorb the refi closing cost. If I do it this way, it would be almost zero Cash out of pocket.

However if a private lender requires me to bring money to the table to ensure there is skin in the game, i would consider it.. 

James

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied Sep 20 2014, 16:24
Originally posted by @James Kandasamy:

Then the 2nd closing with 75% refi where the 5% difference would absorb the refi closing cost. If I do it this way, it would be almost zero Cash out of pocket.

You mentioned a conventional refi.  I'm under the impression that a conventional refi won't let you get away with a new appraisal and nothing out of pocket in less than 6 or 12 months.  Have you actually done this before in less than 6 months?

User Stats

Votes
James Kandasamy
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 20 2014, 20:45

@J Scott of course i have done in before. In fact in the past few deals i actually got a cash back from the refi.  All done in 1-4 months after the house is purchased, rehabbed and leased. This is all Fannie Mae conventional refi. 

User Stats

Votes
Will Pritchett
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Sep 22 2014, 08:20

That is great James Kandasamy . I was under the same understanding as J Scott . Would you be willing to share the name of your lender for the conventional financing? I am in San Antonio also.

Thank you in advance,
Will

User Stats

Votes
James Kandasamy
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 22 2014, 11:49

Hi Will,

@Will Pritchett 

Sure i can share it. Will connect via PM.

Anyway, i don't think its  a special lender thing.

James