Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Signal Hill, CA
Votes |
Building Non-Profit Pet Shelter's Credit from SCRATCH?

Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Signal Hill, CA
Posted Feb 27 2015, 15:36

for the past couple months while working on my fixer, on the sidelines had been dealing with alot of stray cats on the property (its a huge lot for the area) and 'catching' the feral cats and taking them to the shelter to be spayed/neutered, vaccinated then released and wished they were closer and so wonder why not get a shelter started in my city since theres none not even 1 that i could find after looking all over. heck even animal control is outsourced to the surrrounding city (long beach) and county (los angeles). 

of course wouldnt do it from my residence, so will need to start building credit up for occasionally ordering supplies and services (ie vaccines) for rescues in the future shelter, if this city allows for such. as for securing the shelter location i doubt i'd use mortgage or loan as i've so far always done fine enuf buying properties cash and somehow making ends meet, however barely.

right now i dont even have a taxpayer EID. do non-profits need one? it won't be employing anyone anytime soon, but i would like to get secured credit started and then work from there.  

this is just an idea and if i lose interest in the animal shelter non-profit, i'd likely get into some other non-profit function anyways as since college, i've always been into environmental & humanitarian efforts (mostly overseas) one way or another. (note m not a supporter of greenpeace, and obviously not of PETA=)

so what are some good secured credit card companies that issue to nonprofits?

(note the forum topic indicates 'Credit Lines' but i could not find a reasonably suitable subtopic to list under so i chose the 1st one in the list.)

Loading replies...