HELOC or Home Equity on a Single Investment Property

HELOC or Home Equity on a Single Investment Property

Lender · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 7 votes

So I searched for old topics covering HELOCs and Equity Loans on investment properties and much of what I found was for investors bigger than myself with multiple properties. I only have a duplex but there is a ton of equity in it that I would like to pull out and could safely do so without breaking a 75% LTV threshold. The problem I'm having is that even my smaller, local banks, refuse to take these second positions if it's not your primary residence. I'm not interested in commercial financing. Does anyone have experience working with a national lender or know of one that will provide a second position on an investment property up to 75-80% LTV?

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2009 · 825 posts · 486 votes
    9y

    Keep shopping.

    Why not refi the entire loan balance with cash out?

  • Lender · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Because to refi now would mean a higher interest rate and substancially higher closing costs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.