• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Relationship Building with Local Banks

Mike B.
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 12 2017, 13:04

Hey Everyone,

On the podcasts, it's been mentioned a few times that moving funds and beginning a relationship with local community banks, rather than applying at a national bank (e.g., Chase, BofA, etc), tends to make it easier to get funding for projects.  I'm interested in doing this but am not sure how to start - do I just choose a local bank and open up a checking/savings account there?  Should I make an appointment with one of the bankers at a branch first?  

Out of convenience, I do all my banking at a national one...I'm 'bankable' but don't want to have to go through too many hoops with a loan committee or large underwriting department in order to get financing for a purchase.  I'd like to know what's available to me with regards to amounts, timelines to close, fees, etc., before I start making offers on properties.  Am I going about this incorrectly (buggy before the horse?).  

Any insight would be appreciated - your methodology on your first deal would be helpful as well.  I'm hoping my first deal will be a small multi-family rental.

Thanks,

Mike

Loading replies...