Rental Property Investor · Lexington/Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hello all. I tried to get a 30yr "cash out" loan on a rental house I owned for outright in my LLC (for over a yr).... Toward the end of the loan process i was notified the loan was dead since I had not owned the house in my personal name for the last 6mo.
I was able to find non-goverment backed loans for this but only at a 15 yr term. Terms of 15yr don't allow for adequate cash flow.
Does anyone know of a way to get a 30yr term without this 6mo seasoning period. I'm reluctant to put this rental in my personal name due to liability reasons.
Lender · Winlock, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
You can have a lender that does Fannie Mae loans look at the deal from a Delayed financing stand point. Which means you have no mortgage or liens on the property and it's held in an LLC that you own 100% of. If it fits that criteria, you can still get Fannie Mae Delayed Financing on the property up to the max. of your original purchase price + closing costs, on a 30 year mortgage.
Hello all. I tried to get a 30yr "cash out" loan on a rental house I owned for outright in my LLC (for over a yr).... Toward the end of the loan process i was notified the loan was dead since I had not owned the house in my personal name for the last 6mo.
I was able to find non-goverment backed loans for this but only at a 15 yr term. Terms of 15yr don't allow for adequate cash flow.
Does anyone know of a way to get a 30yr term without this 6mo seasoning period. I'm reluctant to put this rental in my personal name due to liability reasons.
Thanks in advance... Brian
That is a freddie/fannie guideline, loans in your name can only be made to properties in your name. The only way to loan on a property held by a LLC is to do commercial loans, which are typically 5 year balloons
Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
You're not likely to find a fixed 30-year term loan for a residential property held in a LLC. That's one of the drawbacks when you hold title in a LLC - you get slightly less favorable loan terms.
Lender · Winlock, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
You can have a lender that does Fannie Mae loans look at the deal from a Delayed financing stand point. Which means you have no mortgage or liens on the property and it's held in an LLC that you own 100% of. If it fits that criteria, you can still get Fannie Mae Delayed Financing on the property up to the max. of your original purchase price + closing costs, on a 30 year mortgage.
You can have a lender that does Fannie Mae loans look at the deal from a Delayed financing stand point. Which means you have no mortgage or liens on the property and it's held in an LLC that you own 100% of. If it fits that criteria, you can still get Fannie Mae Delayed Financing on the property up to the max. of your original purchase price + closing costs, on a 30 year mortgage.
The OP said he's owned the house for over a year, so he's past the six month window for Delayed Financing.
Lender · Winlock, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
@Kyle J. The bigger point is that Fannie Mae considers anything owned in an LLC that is 100% owned by the borrower to be a pass through entity and therefore owned personally. So I would have conversations with various lenders that do a number of the Delayed Financing loans to see if they will count the ownership as personal and therefore allow a cash out refinance in that persons personal name. Yes, title will need to be transferred as part of that, but lenders that don't have overlays in this area, might be able to get this done.