Loan calculators for personal loans

2 Replies

Hi, is there is there a simple way to track loans? 

For instance, a friend of mine loans me $ at a certain rate and he can withdraw at any time. Is there a loan calculator that I can plug in loan balance, APR, days etc and keep it, not just a one time use thing?

If you're going to do a lot of loans, there's software programs.  I do some private lending and I use Money Lender Professional software, but its like $300 to purchase the software.  There's also note servicing companies who do this for a monthly fee.  But if you're just borrowing from friends/family one at a time, there's probably other free options.

Originally posted by @John W. :

Hi, is there is there a simple way to track loans? 

For instance, a friend of mine loans me $ at a certain rate and he can withdraw at any time. Is there a loan calculator that I can plug in loan balance, APR, days etc and keep it, not just a one time use thing?

I really like using TValue Amortization software for calculating loans and notes.  It is affordable (under $130) and has been around for 20+ years. When I helped develop an internal software system for a financial institution we tested all of our loan calculations against TValue and a good ole HP12C.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.