• Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Startup Money

Alberto Rivera
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Aug 24 2016, 08:19
I recently finished forming my LLC so I can start flipping houses. I have a prospect investor but I always like to have a Plan B in case things do not work out. Can anyone suggest other ways for me to get money for the purchase and the rehab costs. I don't have any available money for it so I will need a source that can cover the entire amount while I do the entire work. Maybe a website, a particular business loan or another private investor that is willing to work with me. Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Ramel Sherman
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles
Replied Aug 24 2016, 09:49

Have you looked into FHA Loans and 203K? The FHA can require as little as 3.5% down, and the 203K will cover the rehab costs.

User Stats

Votes
MJ S.
  • Investor
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Replied Aug 24 2016, 10:23

Congratulations on starting your business and the formation of your LLC! It's always good to have a few potential investors in your contacts so that if it doesn't work out with one, you have a back-up (or two). If you attend local real estate investment groups, or even reach out on BP, you'll likely meet some hard money lenders. They are expensive, but a good resource and can usually close quickly (which can be a necessity with many deals). Private money isn't as easy to find, but is certainly available in your area. They can also close quickly, may be a better value with lower fees and interest, and potentially more flexible on terms than hard money. Again, local real estate investment groups or reaching out on BP will help you find private money.

Beware of any lender that requests fees upfront.  There are plenty of scams that promise low interest and fees for an upfront charge, and then take your money and run. Some lenders may request an appraisal fee, but be sure to do extra due diligence if anything feels sketchy or too good to be true. 

Private and hard money is available everywhere, however finding connections in your local area may provide more peace of mind since you are more likely to have the opportunity to meet and connect with the lender in person.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.