Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Steve Matthews
  • Beverly Hills, CA
Votes |
I have half a million in cash - what are my options?

Steve Matthews
  • Beverly Hills, CA
Posted Nov 2 2016, 14:22

I have $500,000 cash that I'd like to deploy into real estate. I am thinking about going the turnkey route. My question has to do w/ financing.

I am looking at potentially buying SFRs in the 100K range. If I were to pay all cash for the properties, maybe I could buy 5 homes. But if I could finance the homes w/ 20% down, I could potentially buy 2.5 million worth of homes, which would be about 25 homes worth $100K each. My cash on cash return and total ROI would be much higher than if I had purchased just 5 homes for cash (I really wouldn't buy 25 homes and have no money left over. I'd probably buy 15 homes and have some reserves aside to deal w/ issues that come up).

Here's my problem: While I have excellent credit, I only make about $2,000 in income per month. Is it possible for someone like me to qualify to buy so many homes or am I dreaming and will have to pay all cash to buy properties?

Since these properties will be used as rentals, can I buy maybe a couple of properties a year and then use the income from the properties to help finance my next two properties and so on?

Thank you for any feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Loading replies...