Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 858 votes
2y
No properties don't need to be vacant for a cost seg study.
Buying and operating an STR to meet the STR guidelines, might be tight. The multis I've invested in have often generated 30-50% in year depreication in the Denver area.
Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 858 votes
2y
No properties don't need to be vacant for a cost seg study.
Buying and operating an STR to meet the STR guidelines, might be tight. The multis I've invested in have often generated 30-50% in year depreication in the Denver area.
I have a client who would like to buy a multi-family and STR property in Colorado and apply tax segregation rules before the end of year.
But they are claiming that in order to that, the property must be vacant? Is that the case?
Thank you!
Boulder REALTOR®
No, Alex, quite the opposite. The property must have occupancy or being advertised as available for occupancy to be able to do a cost segregation study. I am in Colorado and can help you close that deal as the buyer's hero. There are special considerations for STR that you and the buyer need to know. I would like to help. Chris Lopez is a broker in CO as well and is very knowledgeable about this.