Dispute Property Taxes in Texas

7 Replies

Hello,

I am looking for someone to help me dispute property values/taxes on my rental properties. Any recommendations?

I talked to Texas Tax Cutters a few days ago. I've never heard of them or used them but I'm considering using them. They charge you a commission of the taxes you would have saved by using them.

Anyone use any companies before?

I am also looking for some recommendations.

On residential properties in Texas, I always handle them personally and I own property all over the state. If I have purchased the property in the last year , I attempt to get the value reduced as close to what I paid for it and reach an agreement with the appraiser by phone. I have had very little success in going before the appraisal board. If you know a Realtor, call and offer them $50 for comps to help you

I focus on the "evidence" that I have and try to get the value down as much as possible realizing I am saving approximately $30-35 per thousand. Always ALWAYS be nice and kind and use lots of "Yes Sir/Maam ! lol

the problem is that the houses were purchased very low and if you choose to spend $400 per property on appraisal, it will come at 2x what you/I paid. so, of course the city/state will reject.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here