Dispute Property Taxes in Texas

Dispute Property Taxes in Texas

Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 6 votes

Hello,

I am looking for someone to help me dispute property values/taxes on my rental properties. Any recommendations?

0Reply
11 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2012 · 588 posts · 224 votes
    12y

    I talked to Texas Tax Cutters a few days ago. I've never heard of them or used them but I'm considering using them. They charge you a commission of the taxes you would have saved by using them.

    Anyone use any companies before?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    12y

    I am also looking for some recommendations.

  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    On residential properties in Texas, I always handle them personally and I own property all over the state. If I have purchased the property in the last year , I attempt to get the value reduced as close to what I paid for it and reach an agreement with the appraiser by phone. I have had very little success in going before the appraisal board. If you know a Realtor, call and offer them $50 for comps to help you

  • Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Greg H.

    How do you negotiate with the appraiser?

  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    I focus on the "evidence" that I have and try to get the value down as much as possible realizing I am saving approximately $30-35 per thousand. Always ALWAYS be nice and kind and use lots of "Yes Sir/Maam ! lol

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    the problem is that the houses were purchased very low and if you choose to spend $400 per property on appraisal, it will come at 2x what you/I paid. so, of course the city/state will reject.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.