Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Terri Lewis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Elkhart, IN
Votes |
multi million PML, how crazy is this? Scam, or possibly real?

Terri Lewis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Elkhart, IN
Posted Aug 17 2014, 14:56

We have been approached by a millionaire from Nigeria. I have ran a check on him and he is indeed wealthy, if he is who he says he is. He has approached us with a multi million dollar loan offer. Seems bogus, and not sure why anyone would loan that much. I have had some legal advice on the loan papers, and everything seems in place. If he is who he says he is, it seems logical for him to loan us the money. He will make a lot more interest lending the money than investing any more in his country, or from the banks there. I am concerned with it being a scam, but not sure what purpose he would gain in doing this. Is the only thing I can do to protect us is to take it to a lawyer and let them handle it? Has anyone else ran into a large loan initiated from a person abroad. How do you close on such a loan? My concern is signing the papers and not getting the money. I don't see how he could do anything if he doesn't actually loan the money. Looking at it as "if it's too good to be true, it isn't real". Any input on this would be appreciated.

Loading replies...