NYS LLC OPERATING AGREEMENT AND BYLAWS?

7 Replies

Ok I have set up my LLC- I have my Tax ID # and my "Articles of Organization"....is that all that's needed? Is the Article of Organization the bylaws or is that a different form? Sorry if this is a dumb question..

Txs

Did you publish? You should have an operating agreement. If you want to ppen a bank account, banks ask for it. Is it a single person LLC?

Im publishing now... I have my "Articles of Organization" from NYS its 2 pages...and yes Im single person LLC...

Txs

And just because you have an llc, don't think you can skimp on insurance. I can share a scary story for you offline.

Originally posted by @Kevin C. :

Ok I have set up my LLC- I have my Tax ID # and my "Articles of Organization"....is that all that's needed? Is the Article of Organization the bylaws or is that a different form? Sorry if this is a dumb question..

Txs

Kevin,  The articles of organization is your official filing document.  BEyond that, the only thing that NYS cares about is that you publish and file the affidavit of publication (which you must renew for $8 every two years).  The "bylaws" you mentioned are officially called and Operating Agreement and it is an internal document that lists the members, roles and responsibilities etc.  Because you are a sole member, it is pretty simple to put together.  Guessing you can find a template on line that you could plug and play which would be good enough for banks etc.  No sense paying an atty a bunch of money for one.  Let me know if you have trouble finding one and I might be able to scare one up and share with you.

Thanks .  Ill look and see if I can find a template. 

Greatly appreciated

No skimping on Ins here. Txs

If anyone has a templet or knows where to download one?

Txs

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.