Need a RE lawyer in Rockford, Illinois

6 Replies

Hey BP - 

My partner and I got totally scammed by this guy doing business in Rockford and now we need to action to quiet title on about 10 properties. Is there someone that can help us out here? the work is very repetitive for each property as the buyer/seller is the same.Hoping we can get some kind of bulk discount.

Please message me directly.

thanks,

Vala

Murphy Desmond is great, they are in Janesville and Madison WI and we used an attorney and his team there for years, until recently our attorney just switched firms and is now at Whyte Hirschboek Dudek. Both companies are great - you will pay more, but the jobs are always done in a timely fashion and correctly.

You can try Martindale-Hubbell http://www.martindale.com This is a site where you can find an attorney or law firm in a state and city you need. You can search by practice areas (real estate, bankruptcy, etc.) It also gives peer review ratings and client ratings on attorneys

Also there is the The Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association http://www.irela.org You can also do a search there too and this association is strictly real estate

I hope this helps you.

Jack

You made the same mistake ten times? 

You want to hire an attorney to solve serial title problems however you also want a bulk discount?

Like the guy who gets in a car crash, tells the amulance driver he's looking for an emergency room with a surgeon who gives discounts because he has multiple broken bones.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Visually all my work is with attorneys. I'm pretty dialed into how they work, how to pick them and create a team. I spent New Year's with small group friends, all  attorneys and judges. 

Matching clients and attorneys is tougher than people think. You could respond to ads, do online search, use the reference sites, including advo and the local Bar Association, however this may still not get you to a suitable practitioner.

I'll bet there will be noticing issues, perhaps litigation. 

Since you're starting your search from scratch, I'd begin with a title insurance company who has outside counsel. This way, you'll get the quality of work and the ultimate desired results: marketable title to the standard of a (hopefully major) title company.

Hi Vala,

First, welcome to Bigger Pockets!  Second, I am from Rockford and the Real estate attorney I use is Bart Henbest.  Send me a message and I'll give you his info!

Hope it helps!  

Liz

Bart is great

Originally posted by @Liz Boyer :

Hi Vala,

First, welcome to Bigger Pockets!  Second, I am from Rockford and the Real estate attorney I use is Bart Henbest.  Send me a message and I'll give you his info!

Hope it helps!  

Liz

scammed like the lady with cancer and three sons you and your "partner" took $110k from for a $10k house actually telling her the money was directly sent to me? You're a bad man child.