CPA in the hampton roads area

6 Replies

Hi, I'm just starting out in real estate investing and was wondering if anyone in the Portsmouth, Norfolk, or Virginia Beach area had any recommendations for a CPA who specializes in dealing with real estate investors.

Thanks.

Yeah I read one of the articles on using CPA's online.  If I couldn't find any that really fit with my needs I was going to use that route.  I just want to make sure there is good communication which being local would have that advantage. 

Originally posted by @Russell Brazil :

Well @Brandon Hall is a CPA with that specialty. He is located in the DC area, but Im not sure it matters much where your CPA is actually located.

Thank you for your response.  I will look into online CPA's as well.  Do you currently have a CPA  you use in your area or outside?

I think Russell is current.  Outside of your initial meeting with the CPA and an annual status meeting you will mostly communicate with them over email and by phone.  Just make sure they are responsive.  CPAs should respond within 1-3 days of your email. Sometimes the way the industry is CPAs get very busy all at once but generally they should be responding to your questions in about 1-3 days.  Also make sure they are in fact a CPA.  There are a lot of tax preparers out there that are not CPAs. 

Originally posted by @Brandon Shaw :
Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

Well @Brandon Hall is a CPA with that specialty. He is located in the DC area, but Im not sure it matters much where your CPA is actually located.

Thank you for your response.  I will look into online CPA's as well.  Do you currently have a CPA  you use in your area or outside?

I've been doing all my stuff myself which is ill advised. I've been meaning to get together with Brandon Hall actually to utilize his services.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here