Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Hunter Motto
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
New to BP and looking for an accountant!

Hunter Motto
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Aug 16 2017, 00:14

I'm new to BiggerPockets community and excited to participate. I currently own 2 SFRs and (soon to be) 2 small multi-family buildings with a partner in Tacoma and Bellingham, WA (two secondary markets outside of Seattle). 

It's time for me to start managing my business systems better and wanted to appeal to forums for recommendations on an awesome accountant in this area (Greater Seattle Metro). Ideally, that person is a REI as well, who actively participates in the whacky buy/sell world of the Pacific Northwest. BP has one local CPA listed on their recommended tab, has anyone worked with Hunt Jackson? I've also seen a few other CPAs from this area actively posting.

I'm also in the market for a lawyer who is also an investor. Do those exist? They must :) 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Mason
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
  • Lender
  • California
ModeratorReplied Aug 16 2017, 00:40
Originally posted by @Hunter Motto:

I'm new to BiggerPockets community and excited to participate. I currently own 2 SFRs and (soon to be) 2 small multi-family buildings with a partner in Tacoma and Bellingham, WA (two secondary markets outside of Seattle). 

It's time for me to start managing my business systems better and wanted to appeal to forums for recommendations on an awesome accountant in this area (Greater Seattle Metro). Ideally, that person is a REI as well, who actively participates in the whacky buy/sell world of the Pacific Northwest. BP has one local CPA listed on their recommended tab, has anyone worked with Hunt Jackson? I've also seen a few other CPAs from this area actively posting.

I'm also in the market for a lawyer who is also an investor. Do those exist? They must :) 

I actually met a great tax professional in your neck of the woods about two weeks ago, who was down in the Bay Area scouting around as he's going to be investing here soon. :) Let me know if you'd like me to give you his contact info.

• Lender California (#1220177)

CommLoan Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jake Hottenrott
Pro Member
  • CPA
  • Belleville, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • CPA
  • Belleville, IL
Replied Aug 16 2017, 14:10

@Natalie Kolodij is right up in your neck of the woods.  Active on here, involved with real estate, read her posts to see her knowledge and credibility.  Natalie, is your client list still full?  Or do you have time to chat with @Hunter Motto?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Hunter Motto
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 16 2017, 18:40

Thanks Jake! Natalie is indeed super active (over 1k posts!), great recommendation.

User Stats

Votes
Natalie Kolodij
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
ModeratorReplied Aug 17 2017, 10:15

@Jake Hottenrott

Thank you for the tag. I am still selectively taking on clients. 

@Hunter Motto Feel free to shoot me a message or email if you'd like to chat. You can also frequently find me at most of the local REIA and meetup events for investors.

User Stats

Votes
Natalie Kolodij
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
ModeratorReplied Aug 17 2017, 10:26

@Hunter Motto I also have a referral for you for an investor/lawyer. He does real estate law specifically- but no SEC/Securities law so he doesn't do REITS or SEC filings ect