Looking for a good CPA

8 Replies

Hello all,

I am in the Louisville, KY market and I am looking for a CPA to handle the tax side of my business. I am a new investor with 2 SFR, soon to be 3, and I need some direction and tax strategies. I would prefer a local firm but it's not required. I had a first consultation with Pro Vision Wealth today and while I like their structure, it was a little pricey for me at this time. Also, what are some good questions to ask a CPA when interviewing them?

@Fredie Robinson I do not know any good "Investor" CPAs in Louisville, but if I was moving to a new town I would do one of the following: 1) Attend the next REIA meeting, and ask other investors who they use as a CPA. 2) Ask Realtors who they use. People associated with Real Estate will be able to point you to a CPA who has worked with investors. This is how I found our life saver here in NE FLorida. Best of luck to you.

Thanks @Jack Bobeck . Those are my next moves if I don't get any recommendations on here.

@Fredie Robinson

You might want to ask questions like:

• What % of your clients are real estate investors?
  • What is the fee structure?
  • How often will we be communicating?
  • How can you help me to stay compliant?
  • What type of tax strategies do you envision for me?

I use a CPA firm out of Nashville that does a lot of investor type clients. Pm me for contact.

hello. I just recently hired Michelle from Fit money CPA. She seems very knowledgeable on the real estate side and reasonable too. I don't have that complicated a portfolio, so she works just fine. Good luck. 

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it.

@Fredie Robinson

Contact Kevin Haggard. He is an Enrolled Agent (EA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in Louisville. His number is 5024725969.

Mike Grinnan - jmgcpa.com - does great work for me and for a lot of experienced RE investors in Louisville. I am not sure if he is taking new clients, though.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.