Looking for a good CPA

Looking for a good CPA

Investor · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 48 votes

Hello all,

I am in the Louisville, KY market and I am looking for a CPA to handle the tax side of my business. I am a new investor with 2 SFR, soon to be 3, and I need some direction and tax strategies. I would prefer a local firm but it's not required. I had a first consultation with Pro Vision Wealth today and while I like their structure, it was a little pricey for me at this time. Also, what are some good questions to ask a CPA when interviewing them?

2Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Daniel HymanBusiness Member
CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Fredie Robinson

You might want to ask questions like:

  • What % of your clients are real estate investors?
  • What is the fee structure?
  • How often will we be communicating?
  • How can you help me to stay compliant?
  • What type of tax strategies do you envision for me?
My Online Accountant572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    8y

    @Fredie Robinson I do not know any good "Investor" CPAs in Louisville, but if I was moving to a new town I would do one of the following: 1) Attend the next REIA meeting, and ask other investors who they use as a CPA. 2) Ask Realtors who they use. People associated with Real Estate will be able to point you to a CPA who has worked with investors. This is how I found our life saver here in NE FLorida. Best of luck to you.

  • Investor · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Jack Bobeck. Those are my next moves if I don't get any recommendations on here.

  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Fredie Robinson

    You might want to ask questions like:

    • What % of your clients are real estate investors?
    • What is the fee structure?
    • How often will we be communicating?
    • How can you help me to stay compliant?
    • What type of tax strategies do you envision for me?
    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 232 votes
    8y
    I use a CPA firm out of Nashville that does a lot of investor type clients. Pm me for contact.
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    hello. I just recently hired Michelle from Fit money CPA. She seems very knowledgeable on the real estate side and reasonable too. I don't have that complicated a portfolio, so she works just fine. Good luck. 

  • Investor · Shepherdsville, KY · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    8y

    @Fredie Robinson

    Contact Kevin Haggard. He is an Enrolled Agent (EA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in Louisville. His number is 5024725969.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 55 votes
    8y

    Mike Grinnan - jmgcpa.com - does great work for me and for a lot of experienced RE investors in Louisville. I am not sure if he is taking new clients, though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.