• Pensacola, FL
Votes |
401K Loans and Refinancing

Nick Peraino
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pensacola, FL
Posted Oct 30 2017, 14:46
I am considering taking a loan from a 401k for my first REI. I will be joint venturing with an experienced partner if I do so. My question right now is: Should I keep my 401k with Edward Jones or move it to somewhere like Fidelity? Any opinions on Edward Jones? Are all 401k different depending on who holds it? And does Ed Jones charge different fees than say... Fidelity or another institution? I ask because I'll be only taking a loan on some of it and leaving some untouched. I am aware of the shorter length terms that these loans typically are. Also.. I've been self employed for years and report losses on taxes. This has been a road block for me when wanting to purchase a primary residence. So.... Another question I have is: If I want to refi the investment property to pay back my 401k (with interest)... is a bank going to refi based on the property or based on my personal income. I don't want to bank on a refi, and then not be able to get it. If the property is a buy and hold and I buy right so that it's cash flowing, will a bank or loan institution base their refi approval on that or on my (seemingly low) personal income. Thanks!!

Loading replies...