Convert from QuickBooks to Stessa?

6 Replies

Now that Stessa has gotten a bit more established I am looking into its capabilities and qualities.

Has anyone left QuickBooks and gone with Stessa?

I personally feel QuickBooks is just too much for an investor like myself. Although I have quite a few properties, I have property managers for each, and basically only need to track my expenses and income by property.

I would love to hear feedback from a Stessa user.

@Justin R.

Just started using it today, mostly for performance tracking, and haven’t really gotten too much into much else yet. What’s the play here? It can’t be free forever. What/where’s the pitch/upsell?

Originally posted by @Mark S. :

@Justin R.

Just started using it today, mostly for performance tracking, and haven’t really gotten too much into much else yet. What’s the play here? It can’t be free forever. What/where’s the pitch/upsell?

Right. It seems great. If my accountant and bookkeeper used it I would get rid of my Quickbooks! 

@Justin R.

you should be able to establish a starting balance into Stessa.

Why don't you see how you like the transition into Stessa.

Quickbooks normally is good for a 3-4 years before you need to upgrade if you have the desktop version.
If you have a couple properties, I find the Quickbooks Online's costs can add up quick.

This post has been removed.

Hey @Justin R. & @Mark S. -

I run Customer Success for Stessa and would be happy to answer whatever questions you may have. Stessa is quite different from Quickbooks in that it's purpose-built for real estate. It works right out of the box with transaction categories that map nicely to Schedule E tax reporting. It only takes about 5 minutes to set up a property and try it out. There are also some new secure document storage features to help keep track of leases, contracts, mortgages, etc.

We'll eventually introduce premium features with associated fees, but plan to keep the core functionality free for all rental property owners. Hope that helps!

@Devin Redmond

I'd love to start referring my client base to an alternative to QBO, but I need the balance sheet feature. Can a balance sheet be generated on Stessa?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here