Insurance for IRA property

3 Replies

I've been having a tough time finding an insurance company that understands that my rental property is owned by my self-directed IRA. And after some discussion they inevitably come to the conclusion that they can't offer any products. Are there any agents or companies that are recommended for the Colorado Springs, CO area?

@Jared K.

Try National Real Estate Insurance Group out of Kansas City.

@Aaron K.

As a property owner, an IRA wants to have property insurance. There is not only liability risk, but also risk of loss. An IRA is separate from the IRA account holder and must have its own distinct insurance for the assets it owns.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here