CPA & Attorney Recommendations in AK

6 Replies

Hello BP Family! 

I've been searching for a CPA and Attorney fluent in Real Estate Investing in the Anchorage area. Also looking for any SCC Attorney recommendations. Ideally, I would like to find people in the "same house" or they at least communicated together. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local professional? 

Jaik,

Are you open to working with your accountant remotely? I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options. 

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

I 100% agree with what @Bill Hampton said. A lot of tax people are doing everything virtually now. That being said, I do use a local guy. He has been there for years and is doing a great job so I haven't seen the need to change. If I were to change, I'd probably look for someone who is an educating consultant like what Bill might be or I'd check out the guys at Anderson Advisors. They put out some good content. Call me and I can send you to a couple local people and we can talk more about online stuff too. 

@Jaik Webster I can see a need for one of your attorneys to be local, but that’s absolutely not required for your CPA.  Our CPA is at Anderson Advisors’ out of Las Vegas, and it’s been quite easy to upload all of our tax documents and schedule tax planning and review sessions.  Like @Keenan Fitzpatrick said, they’ve got a ton of online content, which is well worth diving into... 

@Jaik Webster

Your profile indicates that you are a realtor/agent. Being a realtor/agent is having your own business. You want to work with a professional who understands business taxation in addition to real estate taxation.

Good luck in your search.

@Jaik Webster

Many CPA's have ongoing relationships with attorney's and can strategize together to ensure the best possible entity selection for the client from a tax and asset protection angle. Reach out to the CPA's on the forums and see who can help connect you to a complete team.