Looking to for a Tax Advisor St. Louis, MO

2 Replies

I plan on buying at least 1 property this year so I would like to find someone who would be willing to take on a new client for taxes. I am currently doing my taxes on my own but I would like to develop a relationship with someone who would want to take on my taxes for 2020, 2021, and years to come. They obviously do not have to live in St. Louis, MO but I would like someone who is a REI themselves. While I plan on learning the tax code as I get more into real estate, this is something I am gladly going to pay for help on. Thank you

Tim,

I recommend finding an accountant that specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.