Can I Buy properties with in NC with AZ LLC ?

3 Replies

@Ofer Attia I would ask a local Real Estate attorney, but I own Real Estate in states other than the one my LLC was formed in. Different states have their own rules. Some may require your LLC to register as a foreign entity. Some may not. In the event you do need to set up a new LLC in a different state, your main LLC should be able to be the owner of the new LLC.

Disclaimer: I am an attorney, but I am not your attorney. This is not legal advice, just friendly information.

As a general rule, real estate holding LLCs should be created in the same state as the property. While some states have better protections for LLCs than others, when it comes to real estate courts only want to recognize local protections. If you want your foreign LLC as a holding LLC, you could do that, but it's just more paperwork. Regardless, foreign LLCs do need to register as such in the property's state.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney.

My understanding is that you can purchase property in any state regardless of where your LLC is formed/established. This I know from experience.

I don't, however, have any experience regarding if legal matters/ LLC protection will fall in the jurisdiction of where your LLC was formed, or in the state that the property resides in. Hope this helps.