Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes

Looking for leads on lesser known markets or sub markets for decent CF/appreciation

Anton Tikhomirov
Posted Jan 25 2023, 05:59

Hi All, this is my first post here, hoping it’s in line with the rules. 

Like a lot of people, I’m looking to buy my first property in the next 3 months or so. I want to focus on growth right now, so I am hoping to find properties that are in areas with good demographic trends. My goal is to have them cash flow positively, but am not hyper-focused on cash flow beyond that (I.e. I don’t need MASSIVE cash flow). The goal would be something that is a mix between cash flow and appreciation. 

I live in MA and don’t want to invest in Fall River/New Bedford so I’m looking out of state. I’ve looked at markets like Indy and Columbus (which seem very good) and then also at Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville (though downscale FL particularly makes me nervous). The reason I am posting is to ask whether there are any particular smaller markets or sub markets I should be looking at as well? I’m particularly looking at the Midwest if anyone has any tips, but I’ve also heard there’s great stuff in the sunbelt around AZ in the Phoenix suburbs. Does anyone have any tips on where I should check out? 

Budget is about $200-250k after leverage (so about $50K down + transaction costs). Hoping not to do more than $20k of rehab. 

Thanks!

Loading replies...