• Investor
Votes |
Looking to begin investing out of state

Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Posted Jan 19 2024, 12:11

Whats up BP,

I have been reading the threads throughout the different communities for a LONG time and I have been interested in the Ohio market in particular. Does anyone have any good recommendations in terms of a good lender they have worked with before or know of that specialize in the Colombus, Cleveland, Dayton areas?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Min Zhang#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Min Zhang#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 19 2024, 12:42

Hey Mike, great to know that you are interested in Ohio market. Columbus in particular has experienced so much growth for the past few years, partly due to the influx of tech giants like Intel ($20 billion), Meta, Amazon, and Google building warehouses and data centers in the area, which has contributed to an increase in property prices and more people moving into the city for job opportunities.

I invest locally here in Columbus Ohio. I can send you a list of contacts in Ohio to help you build your team, property manager. I also invest in Cleveland and Dayton. Let me know how I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Axel Meierhoefer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Escondido, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Escondido, CA
Replied Jan 19 2024, 12:47
Quote from @Mike Wilcher Jr:

Whats up BP,

I have been reading the threads throughout the different communities for a LONG time and I have been interested in the Ohio market in particular. Does anyone have any good recommendations in terms of a good lender they have worked with before or know of that specialize in the Colombus, Cleveland, Dayton areas?

Thanks!

Hi Mike

I have been investing in Ohio for more than a decade and live in California. I have access to providers of all kinds, often providing lending, purchase and management out of one hand. Happy to discuss and help you if you like.

I own in Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland and soon Toledo.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
AJ Exner
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Jan 19 2024, 12:52

Hey @Mike Wilcher Jr

A lot of options, but in that area you definitely want to keep an eye on minimum loan amounts to make sure you don't get stuck.

Are you focusing on BRRRR or buy and hold?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 19 2024, 14:43

@Min Zhang.. Thank you, will reach out to you privately.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 19 2024, 14:44

@Axel Meierhoefer... Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 19 2024, 14:47

Thanks AJ, that's good information to watch out for. I'll be focusing on BRRRR with the hopes of grabbing at least 2-3 properties under my belt this year.

User Stats

Votes
Zac Mckenzie
  • Contractor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 20 2024, 04:17

Hi Mike, your interests are in the right place. We operate a Real Estate solutions group and can make any connections that you might need. Our Lead service is an investor only General Contracting company. This company only services investors in the Columbus market and 75% of our clients are out of state. We would be happy to make a connection or help directly. Best of luck.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 20 2024, 09:49

@Zac Mckenzie... thank you and i'll look into this, if interested I will surely reach out!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Perea Molina
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jan 21 2024, 05:46

Hey Mike , that’s great to hear I know the Ohio market has been booming ! . I’m not aware of any lenders in the area but if you would be interested in investing here in San Antonio Texas I believe is also a great option, I can help with lenders and Contractors I work with a lot of out of state investors ,more specifically from CA. I would love to connect if interested ! 2107091025 call or text 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 21 2024, 05:52

@Joshua Perea Molina... Thank you, I haven't thought much about the San Antonio market but I'll keep it in mind! Appreciate you.

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jan 21 2024, 07:31

Whats up BP,

Thanks!

Hey Mike, you said you were interested in those areas, including Dayton, have you looked at Cincinnati? Northern Ky maybe? If you are interested I can send you info on it and we can get looking

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 21 2024, 07:53

@Sam McCormack... What's up Sam, no, I haven't looked into Cincinnati only because I feel like I always hear people talking about there are no deals left (like everywhere else in the world lol) but I'm open to anything as long as the numbers work! Same with Northern KY, I'm open to learning as much as I can. 

We can connect when you have time. Appreciate you!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 21 2024, 09:56

What type of loan product are you looking for? @Mike Wilcher Jr

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 21 2024, 15:37

Whats up BP,

Thanks!

I can send you some lender referrals in Ohio.
  • Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mike Wilcher Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 21 2024, 17:12

@Remington Lyman...I'll take any information you're willing to share,thank you very much!

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Chow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 27 2024, 12:43

Whats up BP,

Thanks!

Hey, glad to see your interest in the Ohio market! I've got some connections in Columbus and can vouch for a few good lenders. Cleveland and Dayton also have solid options. Let’s connect, I can introduce you to them.

User Stats

Votes
Jesus Reyes
  • Wildomar, CA
Votes |
  • Wildomar, CA
Replied Mar 26 2024, 23:43
Quote from @Remington Lyman:

Whats up BP,

Thanks!

I can send you some lender referrals in Ohio.
 Hi Remington, I am currently looking for lenders who are familiar with Ohio since I just purchased my first property in Akron, Ohio. Can you please send me referrals as well, thank you. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2024, 03:13
Quote from @AJ Exner:

Hey @Mike Wilcher Jr

A lot of options, but in that area you definitely want to keep an eye on minimum loan amounts to make sure you don't get stuck.

Are you focusing on BRRRR or buy and hold?

Could you elaborate a bit more on the keep an eye on minimum loan amounts to make sure you dont get stuck?  Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Regina Blake
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Mar 27 2024, 06:13

Hi, I am a Realtor in Ohio. Our market is doing well. People from all over the world are interested in investing in Ohio. What are you waiting on?  Give me a call today! Thanks!

Regina Blake-216-395-7171

[email protected]

User Stats

Votes
Alfath Ahmed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 28 2024, 11:20

Whats up BP,

Thanks!

I have a couple of good lenders that work with my out-of-state investors that I can connect you with. They have the best rates here. I can connect you with them.