Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes

First time home buyer

Giovanni Vazquez
Posted Mar 25 2024, 13:12

Hello all, 

I am a first-time home buyer taking my first step into becoming a real estate investor. 

I would love to connect with anyone who's selling a property for 650k or less in San Diego or individuals who are interested in a joint venture on an ADU on my land that I will obtain.

Wisdom and feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Adam King
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Mar 25 2024, 18:43

Hi Giovanni, my name is Adam King. I am a San Diego Realtor. Myself and my team have over 20off market properties all over the county currently. I believe several of them could fit your buy box. They do range from needing a full flip, to turnkey ready. If that interests you. Please reach out to me at any time.

Sincerely,

Adam King

DRE#02218555

Mobile - (619)818-2814

Office - (619)568-2649

Email - [email protected]

User Stats

Votes
Twana Rasoul
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 28 2024, 22:42

@Giovanni Vazquez Welcome! I highly recommend connecting with experienced agents who are investors themselves and other investors in the market here in San Diego that have been doing this for some time to guide you.  Through this process you can look for on and off market properties vs hoping to meet someone who is selling a specific property which could end up taking you a much longer time to get started.  

• Real Estate Agent California (#02026495)

Compass Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dan Heuschele
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Poway, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Poway, CA
Replied Mar 29 2024, 00:51

The reality is most off market are off market for a reason. A very large majority involve work and/or have a risk. They often need extensive rehab. They sometimes have unpermitted work or units. They often cannot be purchased with traditional F/F financing. Sometimes they require cash purchase (HML plus your own money if not going to OO).

It is my view that they are not a good option for first time RE investor.  Too much can go wrong.  

A year ago I got quite a few tags for unpermitted items on a property that was an MLS purchase and seemingly at low risk. Inspector just felt that they needed to tag new electrical outlets, Ac Condenser, gas run that has existed for decades (I challenged city to show that did not exist prior to the need for permit and they told me it was on me to show that it existed prior to the need for permit. Bogus. To have this evidence almost would require a crystal ball to know what in the future would need a permit). It was a pain that still is not closed (but I do need to work to get it closed).

Imagine getting tagged for an unpermitted unit or unpermitted room addition and the hassle, cost, and work involved.   This is often the type of risk of off market purchases

It is rare that a rent ready, zero risk property is sold off market.

Good luck