Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Dr. Scott Benjamin
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Diary of notes building a $10 million real estate venture from 2001 to 2010.

Dr. Scott Benjamin
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Melbourne, FL
Posted Apr 16 2015, 18:58

I just self-published a book with 10 years of diary notes.  If you are looking to learn more about the business - my book gives your a first hand real time look at learning the business alongside of me.  I guarantee that this will be the best real estate book you have ever read!

I just joined Bigger Pockets and I am already a huge fan. I'm not a real estate guru - just a 46 year old guy that started in real estate at age 31 with the goal of spending more time with my family and creating a net worth of $2 million so I could afford to pursue a career as a college professor.  After a really rocky investment career (making tons from 2001-2007 and giving back a lot of it in 2008-2010) I accomplished both of my goals.  I am now on faculty at Florida Tech in Melbourne, FL (http://cob.fit.edu/faculty-profiles.php) and love sharing knowledge with everyone. Check me out, I'm legit.  https://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-benjamin/5/517/...

I started keeping detailed notes in 2001 jotting down how I found my first rehab project in Baltimore, Maryland, how I found an investor willing to put up all the money, how I struggled to learn the construction process and how I made a whopping $9,500 for 9 months work.  Over the next 9 years, I documented:

How I bought houses at foreclosure

How I bought a 20,000 square foot office building

How I flipped contracts

How I raised private equity using a Regulation 504(d)

How I learned to subdivide land and sell lots

How I invested and owned 15 college rental properties

How I invested in section 8 rentals

How I bought a vacation home at the lake and tried the vacation rental business

How I bought tax certificates

How I bought an industrial piece of land and changed the zoning to residential

How I turned that land into 63 lots and when the market collapsed...a 193 unit apartment project

How I made and lost millions of dollars in the most wide ride in real estate history 

This is not a "how to" book or a get rick quick book.  It is a diary of me learning how to make money in real estate by trying lots of different things.  I love teaching and this is my platform to share knowledge with real estate investors.

Check out my website at www.ridingthebubble.com or go straight to Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Bubble-World-Housing-...

AGAIN, I AM CONFIDENT THAT YOU WILL GET SOME NUGGETS OUT OF THIS BOOK THAT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY.  EMAIL ME QUESTIONS - I'M QUICK TO ANSWER. 

I self-published the book.  If you like it, I only ask that you recommend it to others and please post feedback on biggerpockets, write a review on Amazon and pass along the word.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.  Happy investing.

Offering

Loading replies...