How to Search the Marketplace - Updated!

44 Replies

I would love if you could create a list of saved filters.  My CRM does this.

Can the search results be sorted by price?

Originally posted by @Soji Oyenuga :

The new look and functionality in BP is awesome.

However I have a question; I cannot see the stats (# of views, # of users, # of posts) for my post in Market Place any more. Please help... 

Any update on where the number of VIEWS for a post went and how to find it?

@Mindy Jensen

In regards to the search by location feature that was added a while back, would it be possible to add in a distance option?  For example, entering a zip code and then an option for a 5 mile, 10 mile, 20 mile, etc... search radius?

I'm in South Florida and being only able to choose "Florida" is a large search area.

@Mindy Jensen Once I create a filter based on my specific search criteria, Can I set it up to be an 'alert'. It would be great to add several alerts/ notification based on different types of search criteria. For example, if I want alerts for SFR - NJ Properties as well as if I am looking for a partner in NJ as well as if I want to invest in a Triplex in NJ... So it should be able to setup 3 different alerts.

Hope the examples are clear. Please let me know if this will be possible anytime soon. 

Thanks.

@Mindy Jensen , is there any update on the deletion of OLD posts?  I see that @Paige Clarke noted that with filters applied, there are 300 pages.  Can you at least add a time filter to the original post date?  That way I can look only at posts that are less than 30 days old on the marketplace.

Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen :

Hi @Account Closed

Ads are only allowed in the Marketplace. As a Plus member, you can post in the Marketplace, but there are limitations. You may post up to 2 times a day, and you may repost an ad once every 5 days. 

Is this rule the same for a Pro member?

Medium signature file200Paul Peebles, Old Capital Lending | 817‑410‑5700 | http://oldcapitalpodcast.com

This post has been removed.

@Paul Peebles , I made a mistake in my original post. This rule is for Pro members. Plus members can post up to three times per month.

@Mindy Jensen Thank you for getting back to me!

Medium signature file200Paul Peebles, Old Capital Lending | 817‑410‑5700 | http://oldcapitalpodcast.com

searching by location still does not work correctly. I put las vegas and NV and i still get posts to every other part of the country except what i filtered for?  why?

@Dawn Anastasi , @Rich Bravo , @Paige Clarke , @Soji Oyenuga

Check it out!!!

Filter by location is now added!

Obviously this is a super old post that I am quoting, but I thought of something that might make it better so here it is :) I just think (just a thought, of course) that it would be even AWESOMER if we could search by county as well! I'm looking in some rural areas and it would be super helpful to just group the whole county together instead of having to add each city by city... Also, there appears to be a glitch..... When I apply the filter "Sacramento, California" not everything pulls up from Sacramento... I know because I had just looked at a 2/2 house recently posted in Sacramento when I searched in the whole state of California (haha), and then it wasn't there when I applied the city filter... So yeah. Just so you know :)

@Mindy Jensen   I dont know if anyone is still looking at this thread, but the filter by location does not work.  At least for Pennsylvania.   When I filter by location with just the state, (PA)   I get the following:   

This page failed to load

Something went wrong when we tried to load this page for you.

We apologize for any inconvenience. This could be due to a temporary glitch, planned site maintenance or perhaps BiggerPockets is just too busy right now. Rest assured that we have been notified of this issue and will fix it as quickly as we can.

One of the biggest issues with BP I think is how bad the search is (and layout) and especially show for the marketplace 

@Mindy Jensen  +1 on saving the filter and set it as an "alert".  Is there a way to do that? Or, at least get back to my Saved Filters?

I want to follow the real estate marketplace with my Michigan filter in place. How do I do that? I am getting 100 emails a day from around the country postings.

Is there a wY to filter using the phone app? Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Jen

How can I rotate my picture of a house I want to post on marketplace if their is no rotate function?