Skip to content
Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Liz Zack
Pro Member
Votes |
Did You Use Mint? What Are You Considering Instead?

Liz Zack
Pro Member
Posted Nov 29 2023, 13:02

Hi all,

My name is Liz Zack and I'm a writer for the Bigger Pockets blog. I'd love to hear from anyone who used to use Mint and is transitioning to something else for possible inclusion in a story. Looking for answers to the following:

*A little bit about you - name, where you invest etc
*What are you considering now that Mint is gone?
*Why? Which features do you love?
*What do you wish it had?
*(+Anything else!)

User Stats

Votes
Ruben Helo
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, CO
Replied Dec 1 2023, 16:55

Hi Liz, 

Thanks for posting and I am happy to share my 2 cents. I am an agent and investor in Denver. I have been using Empower financial for about a year now. It works like mint did. I can add my mortgage, retirement accounts, income, bank accounts and credit card accounts. I love all those features. It also has an option to budget for a home purchase and tools to help you plan to pay off debt. 

User Stats

Votes
Julie Marquez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Replied Feb 15 2024, 12:41

@Liz Zack Hi Liz, did you ever come up with a story on this topic. I have lost all my mint.com data and am looking for a similar alternative that gives me robust transaction categories and budgeting. I love going into details for my spending and easily creating budgets and comparisons to other months and years. I like searching for transactions and being able to quickly categorize them, even break down one specific line item to multiple categories. I have been a mint user for over 10 years now, and I use this to track my personal spending. I do not use mint.com for our rental property accounting.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mark Brown
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 23 2024, 21:26

I have used Mint for just 7 years but I personally will stay with credit karma and possibly a spreadsheet. These both supply effectively what I need. I just would like to see what my daily expense are.