25 Best Personal Finance Books for Your Summer Reading List

12 Replies

Hi everyone, 

This is a great list of books to getting you on the right track to financial independence. On the top of the list is Rich Dad, Poor Dad which I breezed through in a few days--borrowed c/o DC public library. Enjoy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gobankingrates/25-be...

If I were going to make a list of top  PF books, here's mine:

1. The Richest Man in Babylon

2. Rich Dad, Poor Dad

3. The Four Hour Work-Week

4. The Millionaire Fastlane

5. The Millionaire Next Door

6. Think and Grow Rich

7. One up on Wall Street

8. The Intelligent Investor

I'll have to knock out some of the titles in the huffington post to see if they make my cut here.

Thanks for the link and suggestions @Sara N. ! From my personal library, I would also add just a few:

"How to Win Friends and Influence People"- Dale Carnegie.  Just a classic.

"Multiple Streams of Income" -Allen & "The One Minute Millionaire"  Allen / Ecker
"The Magic of Thinking Big"  Dr David Schwartz

My top 5 books that I learned so much from and that  continue to affect how I see my financial state are The Richest Man in Babylon, Creating Wealth, Millionaire Next Door, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and Think and Grow Rich.

I know there are plenty of amazing books out there but I love the ones that I mentioned so much!

the E-myth

@Scott Trench

Solid list. I would add "The Cashflow Quadrant" by Robert Kiyosaki and "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker

Rich Dad Poor Dad  - Robert T. Kiyosaki

Think and Grow Rich - Napolean Hill

The TenX Rule- Grant Cardone

1. The Richest Man in Babylon

2. Rich Dad, Poor Dad

3. Think and Grow Rich

4. The Alchemist

Forgot to mention (The 50th law - 50 Cent and Robert Greene)

Am I the only one who thought Money: Master the Game sucked? It was 75 pages of content that took 600 pages to get through. Plus I'm not keen on referring to money as a game. Sounds like an infomercial.

@Johnny Mack

I think It could've been A LOT shorter. I don't mind money being referred to as a game, but that book was severely repetitive. 

Originally posted by @Donte Jones :

Forgot to mention (The 50th law - 50 Cent and Robert Greene)

That was the first book I read from Robert Greene. I picked up the whole collection this summer. 

Great article on HuffPost.  Thanks, OP.

Your Money or Your Life is great.  It has readers chart their progress.  I have a friend who hates that kind of thing so it wouldn't work for her.  But YMOYL has worked for tons of people.

Make the Most of your Money Now by Quinn is my first choice of money books.  It's like an encyclopedia of money and what is available with lots of good advice.

I didn't care for Anthony Robbins new book Money: Mastering the Game.  Quinn's book is far better.  But for my no-chart friend, it's perfect.  She works in Los Angeles and has met Tony a few times and thinks the world of him.  His book will get her motivated to become more aware of her money choices.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here