Looking for a Good real estate cpa

4 Replies

I'm looking for a good real estate CPA in or near the Leesburg, Virginia area. Any recommendations? I'm also looking for another one in the Hercules, Ca (Bay Area) all recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Hi William

I would suggest finding one excelletn REI Tax strategist who works remotely. Working with two different professionals in two different locations will prevent either form being able to see your big picture and plan/adjust accordingly.

There are multiple people on the forums who specialize on REI and who would be great to reach out to.

@Steven Hamilton II @Linda Weygant @Jake Hottenrott @Brandon Hall  

I would focus on finding one person you really click with. 

Kudos,

Natalie 

@William R. Matthews IV

While there may be some benefit to have someone that's got a local presence, your tax strategies are going to be determined by your overall tax profile.  That requires that whichever CPA you work with have full visibility into all your active and passive sources of income (and losses!). 

@William R. Matthews IV - @Natalie Kolodij is correct, working with two professionals can be a bit of a pain on the client end and can get quite expensive when you have two professionals not only trying to create their tax strategy for you, but then also working behind the scenes to discuss strategy with the other professional to make sure they align.  

Remote CPAs are always great, it allows you to have confidence that you can trade information with them easily.  I have clients spread across the country and I even have a few local clients who I never see face to face because we do everything via phone or email.    Best of luck!

Originally posted by @William R. Matthews IV :

I'm looking for a good real estate CPA in or near the Leesburg, Virginia area. Any recommendations? I'm also looking for another one in the Hercules, Ca (Bay Area) all recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Sorry, I don't like to work with clients who are getting conflicting information from a third party.