• Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Wealth Management for RE Investors

Ericka G.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Oct 29 2017, 11:14
I’ve recently been exploring wealth management strategies/options to make sure our assets grow and are protected. The problem is I don’t really know what we should be doing to take things to the next level. For those of you who work with financial advisors or have accumulated significant assets - any advice for someone trying to get started? We have 8 units and both work solid W2 jobs - our rental income more than covers our modest living expenses. We hope to be at 10 units by the end of 2018 and have a family net worth of $1M by 2020/21. Met an Edward Jones advisor who was recommended to me by a guy I met on a plane (wealthy business owner with similar life POV). The advisor seems solid and has recommended we keep a smaller amount liquid ($20-30k), then take the rest of our cash and do a combo of 60% stocks/funds, 40% laddered CDs in addition to our IRAs and 401ks, just to get company match. We’ll keep growing our real estate portfolio as well. Haven’t signed anything yet other than have her manage a small stock trade for me. My understanding is that Edward Jones is a reputable company but Is it crazy to trust hundreds of thousands of dollars to someone I met via the recommendation of a guy on a plane? How did you find your financial advisor? What was your strategy to get from middle class to wealthy? How best to diversify one’s investments if real estate is the core of your strategy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...