• USA / NZ
Votes |
Applying for Credit Card?? STOP And Read This

Hadar Orkibi
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • USA / NZ
Posted Mar 17 2018, 17:25
Hi BP friends, On Friday I had a good lesson I want to share with you when it comes to FICO score. I’m about to close on a deal in the next 30-60 days and lock rates on Monday prior to the Fed increase on Tuesday. I just find out that my Credit Score went down from 811 at the end of Feb to 719 on Friday 16 March! This is for no real reason apart from: 1. I applied for 2 business credit cards, one with my local bank and one with Amex. To have business expenses separate from personal account. 2. In the past few weeks I charge more then the usual maximum 30% of the Credit card limit. All though I Allways pay my credit card on time and often in advance this higher Ballance was spotted by the credit company at the wrong time. This mistake is going to cost me higher interest cost of over .5 base points. But I’m keeping positive, it sounds like it is likely that I can lock in the rate and receive some sort of adjustment if / when my credit FICO score improves prior to drawdown date. I have 60 days... to go back to at list 750 FICO The moral of the story- DON’T APPLY FOR MORE CREDIT while you processing a loan or planing to in the short term!

Loading replies...