• Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Debt Consolidation/Credit Counseling

Jon Passow
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Mar 22 2019, 11:15

One of my friends knows I'm starting my real estate investing company this year and I guess this means I'm an expert in financing since he started asking me all sorts of questions about his debt, lol. Thought I'd throw this question out to the group so I could point him in the right direction. He has about 20K in debt spread over a few credit cards and a personal loan from a bank. While he is able to make the minimum payments on his debt he knows there might be a better way to budget/get out of debt sooner without effecting his credit score negatively.

When he did research he quickly became overwhelmed with his options especially because of all the scams that are out there. I was thinking that since he doesn't want to go the bankruptcy route, and doesn't have anything in collections, that maybe talking with a non-profit credit counselor (any recommendations from the group?), or possibly getting a 0% interest credit card and moving a large chunk of his debt over to that to help him pay things off quicker would be the route to go. Any thoughts of recommendations would be appreciated :)

Loading replies...