Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes

Need to Evict Tenant

Prajita Niraula
Posted Jan 28 2023, 14:34

Hello,

I am renting our extra room in my prinary residence in Texas. One of my tenants hasn’t paid anything for last two months. I have tried to communicate with her multiple times. At first she used to ignore my call and text messages. Then she told me she had sent some portion of money by zelle and gave a confirmation number, turns out the confirmation number was fake. Then I was told that she would visit me a day after her payday and make the full payment. She never showed up and is ignoring my calls and text messages now. What do I do? I do not have experience with eviction so any suggestions is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

User Stats

Votes
Prajita Niraula
Replied Feb 7 2023, 18:28
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
Quote from @Prajita Niraula:

Honestly, it feels like one excuse after another. It's getting really frustrating for me. 

It's been more than 3 days of providing the eviction notice. Is my next step to go to court? 

Yep. She's playing you like an old deck of cards. Until you take charge of your property this will continue because she's in charge. Do you want this to still be going on a year from now or longer? I'd get her out and while it's vacant sell it. You're not really cut out for this business....sorry, just being honest.

Thank you so much. This has truly been a great learning experience. I appreciate your honesty, it helps me to understand my own weaknesses and how to do this better next time.