Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Darnell P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Chicago Landlords, Fellowship with other that get what we do.

Darnell P.
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Mar 10 2024, 10:42

Hello

I am looking for other successful landlords to fellowship with in the Chicago. No sells pitching or offering services. Just an opportunity to fellowship with other experienced landlords that understand our business.  What books are you reading and/or podcasts are you listening to? 

3/10/24

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 General Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 General Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied Mar 10 2024, 11:23

Spending time on BP is very helpful and valuable. Joining a local REI Association is excellent too. If you google you will find them. All the best!

User Stats

Votes
Darnell P.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 10 2024, 11:36

Thank you 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jessie Dillon
  • Investor
  • Hopedale, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hopedale, MA
Replied Mar 10 2024, 12:43

hi! i'm a long distance investor with 13 units in chicago. i love the bp real estate podcast, 2nd is the wiire podcast, 3rd would be the bp real estate rookie podcast. for books i've pretty much stuck with the bp books also. 

User Stats

Votes
Darnell P.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 10 2024, 12:54

Thank you for the info 

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied Mar 11 2024, 04:33

@Darnell P. there are many, many good meetups in Chicago where you can meet folks! There are also tons of great meetups. You can find some on the Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance website. 

About / Members – Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance (nboachicago.com)

Another great spot would be the Straight Up Chicago Investor's Podcast which also keeps an up-to-date meetup list for Chicago meetups. 

Chicago Property Management, Chicago Property Managers, Chicago Property Management Company | Straight Up Chicago Investor Podcast

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Mar 11 2024, 06:08

Hey @Darnell P.!  We have our next Chicago in-person meetup which is pretty much just a fellowship next Saturday.  Would be awesome if you are able to make it!

Books I am reading currently include "One Thing" (re-read but for sure top 5 book of all time) and the "The 7-day weekend" which is a contrarian way of thinking about business.  I really enjoy books that challenge and question my typical way of thinking.

User Stats

Votes
Darnell P.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 12 2024, 03:56
Quote from @John Warren:

@Darnell P. there are many, many good meetups in Chicago where you can meet folks! There are also tons of great meetups. You can find some on the Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance website. 

About / Members – Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance (nboachicago.com)

Another great spot would be the Straight Up Chicago Investor's Podcast which also keeps an up-to-date meetup list for Chicago meetups. 

Chicago Property Management, Chicago Property Managers, Chicago Property Management Company | Straight Up Chicago Investor Podcast

Thank you @Jonathan Klemm @John Warren This is some good information.   I am reading "Cashing Out" by Julien and Kiersten Saunders. Thanks I will check out "One Thing"