Votes
Jay Marks
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
New Landlord Wishing To Evict Existing Tenant....Help me out

Jay Marks
  • Miami Beach, FL
Posted Jun 23 2014, 20:23

Ok this sounds horrible but please read it all. I just bought my son and his wife a condo here in miami. My son is a trader, he's 27 years old and he was renting a unit for $6,500/month a big waste of money imo. He has a great job and is 2 years out of school and just got married and being a good dad I wanted him to buy a condo but he wanted to keep his cash to trade his personal accounts and I understand that. So I bought him and his new wife a condo for just under $600,000 here and i put down $200,000 as a wedding gift since they didn't have a wedding and wanted a condo instead. Anyways w/maintenance,taxes,mortgage they're going to pay $3400/month so im happy he saves alot and stays in the same building.

Well there was a tenant when I signed the agreement, i figured no big deal id offer to buy her out and she'd leave. She's paying $3,200/month. I offered $3k,$5k,$10k and she rejected all, she likes the unit and im stuck with her for 10 months, completely derailed my plans so now my son has to sign another 1 year lease at his place.

Now this tenant is basically a hooker, shes a girl who has an older boyfriend who pays her bills, he is not on the lease, and is a sketchy character and i feel like if she isn't paying the rent, since thats the only name on the lease and who the building screened, then i should be able to evict her correct? Her boyfriend isn't on the lease and i dont want to accept checks from someone the building didnt approve bc who knows what this shady guy does and i dont want ties to receiving checks from him.

Secondly, I am taking over this lease but the realtor said i had no right to know her job or income bc it was already approved by the building. What kind of nonsense is that, im owed $3200/month and i want to know who is paying me and what she does for a living bc i dont want someone with an unstable job. Its a joke bc she doesnt have a job shes literally a call girl, there are tons in miami who old men pay for. Is there some legal income to rent ratio she must meet in florida to rent this unit. 3x rent would be $115k/year which i know she doesnt make legally.

Im looking for any help i cant get to evict this girl and her disgusting old man boyfriend 40 years older than her, he lives in the building next door and rents her the place i bought bc he's probably married and wants her close by, anyways.....I want them out bc i put over $200k down to help my kid out and for 1 more year he's going to be renting and blowing his money which is not what i want.

Thank you again

Loading replies...