• Commerce City, CO
Votes |
Should I accept a corporate lease?

Sam Masiello
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Commerce City, CO
Posted Jul 4 2014, 22:36

I was hoping that I could get some advice from the collective about a question that I received from a prospective tenant today.  

I am in the process of renting out my third investment property and I got an email from someone asking if I accept corporate leases.  The wife emailed and said that her "husband works in oil and gas and a relocation company is going to put the lease in their name (the relo company's name).  

This is not a situation that I have dealt with before, so I wasn't sure if doing something like this was riskier or safer than my typical person to person lease.  If I were to go through with this, what are some of the things that I need to consider or make sure are in the lease prior to moving forward?  I am not sure if the relo company would be paying their rent or if the tenant will be. Should I find that out?

Also, how do I deal with an issue where the tenant may need to be evicted (lack of rent payment, etc) ?  How do I evict "a company" ?  Or again, are there provisos that I would need to make sure are part of the lease that wouldn't put me into a pickle?  

As I talk through it, it sounds more complicated than I feel like dealing with, but wanted to get some thoughts from folks who have some experience in this matter.

Thanks in advance!

--Sam

Loading replies...