I've been asked a lot of things by prospective tenants...

I've been asked a lot of things by prospective tenants...

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

but never;

Can i produce my own medicinal marijiuana on the property?

I would think someone who grows marijuana would know how to spell marijuana, but I guess that is asking too much.

3Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2012 · 319 posts · 167 votes
11y

But dude, he's like really sick man.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Yes, I'm not looking forward to having to deal with dope heads that hide behind medical excuses.

    I know marijuana helped my father-in-law during his fight with a failing kidney. So I am a reluctant believer in its merits.

    Mixed feelings here.

  • Investor · Kern county Riverside County, CA · Member since 2008 · 494 posts · 261 votes
    11y

    knowing @Aaron Mazzrillo you signed them up for a net lease of profits!

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Derek W. I was thinking of responding "How much more rent are you willing to pay?"

    LOL

  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    11y

    "net lease of profits" in the rental agreement would imply you know they are growing for commercial purposes (not medical/personal), and could land you in hot water.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    So I asked him how many plants one needs for medical purposes and he replied 8.

    That seems like an awful lot of pot.

  • Real Estate Professional · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2012 · 319 posts · 167 votes
    11y

    But dude, he's like really sick man.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 465 posts · 170 votes
    11y

    8... lets say he harvest 2 every two months.... that guy is looking at smoking a 1/2lb-1lb (very low ammount for two plants) a month. or more definatly more... but if he's got a stable job, pays his bills, and its legal he could just have a chronic (pardon the pun) pain issue :p

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Your law  probably says 8.    RI laws says: 12 mature plants ("plant which has flowers or buds that are readily observable by an unaided visual examination"), 12 immature plants ("plant with no observable flowers or buds") and 2.5 ounces of useable cannabis.

    Not sure what yours says and that is per person.   A couple and you get a little pot factory.

    I am for just having medicine come from the drug store like for every other medication.  

  • San Pedro, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Interesting people...interesting deal...but for the legal issues involved??

    If you call Handle on the Law Saturdays 7-11am 640 KFI let me know...Bill would enjoy this one.

    thx

    Peter

  • Investor · Kern county Riverside County, CA · Member since 2008 · 494 posts · 261 votes
    11y

    @John D. You caught that it was a joke, right?

    I personally don't like any growing in my rentals because of the water, heat, humidity are all negatives to a healthy house. Most of the pot houses I've bought over the years had messed up heating systems, mold, and water damage. 

    @Aaron Mazzrillo I'm assuming you just passed on this tenant?

    @Peter Baldwin I would love to hear what Bill would say as well! He's great. 

  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    11y

    @Derek W. 

     Believe it or not, there have been profit share clauses in leases in Nevada county, and a couple of people have gotten in trouble as a result.  Just want to make sure everyone reading is clear.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.