Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Bill Womeldorf
  • Investor
  • Westfield, MA
Votes |
Tenant from hell, but is already in new investment property upon purchase?

Bill Womeldorf
  • Investor
  • Westfield, MA
Posted Dec 12 2014, 23:27

Greetings BP,

I know that a good tenant screening process is an important thing to know when landlording. But what happens when you buy a house as a rental property and there is a tenant already in there. I am trying to figure out an exit strategy if the first investment property I am going to buy soon could have a destructive tenant who you have to remove ASAP when inquiring the property. 

What steps do you take to evict someone upon buying the house? With minimal damages? 

I've heard a few horror stories of this kind of stuff happening, what systems would you recommend putting in place to be ready for this?

Cheers, 

Bill

User Stats

Votes
Mary B.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lansdowne, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lansdowne, PA
Replied Dec 12 2014, 23:44
Originally posted by @Bill Womeldorf:

Greetings BP,

I know that a good tenant screening process is an important thing to know when landlording. But what happens when you buy a house as a rental property and there is a tenant already in there. I am trying to figure out an exit strategy if the first investment property I am going to buy soon could have a destructive tenant who you have to remove ASAP when inquiring the property. 

What steps do you take to evict someone upon buying the house? With minimal damages? 

I've heard a few horror stories of this kind of stuff happening, what systems would you recommend putting in place to be ready for this?

Cheers, 

Bill

Guess this is why most turn-key investors require that the property be vacant at the time of purchase. 

What makes them the tenant from hell? If you don't mind please share.

Kudos,

Mary 

User Stats

Votes
Bill Womeldorf
  • Investor
  • Westfield, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Westfield, MA
Replied Dec 12 2014, 23:54

Just was reading this post going on now:

That guy got in a bad situation so quick, Just trying to find a solution to this kind of problem before it turns bad. (As an exit strategy for the future, it is not happening to me now) 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/52/topics/1093...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes