• Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
How many here use custom QR codes?

Sam Leon
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Dec 26 2014, 09:51

Do you use QR codes to advertise your rentals?

I started to experiment a bit with it as a way to point them to a web site with more information and details.

As you know, if you use Postlets or any real estate web site that syndicates, most visitors at most get 50% of the information you put in.

Go try it, you go to the syndicated site, and 75% of the space are filled with ads, most of your terms, features are either cropped, gone or worst blocked by a pop up requiring some account creation or some animated video ads.  I think one time I looked at my own ad in Trulia and it was overlaid by another paid advertiser's ad, to the point that their pictures covered my pictures, if I didn't know I would have assumed their pictures are those of my own.

So I started to stick in the actual postlets link into the body of my ads, and I embed a RQ code to that link in my pictures.

Lately, I started to put QR codes onto my yard signs.  The sign would say FOR RENT, and an info box containing a bunch of one page information sheets.  When the sheets are all gone anyone driving by will still be able to scan the 4"x4" QR code on my sign to take them to the web site.

If they scan my QR code on the sign, I know they are there on site.  My introduction is a bit different, my description would vary a little "Thank you for taking the time to visit my property...standing in the front yard looking at the front door, to your left is the garage...to the right is a giant olive tree...behind that..."

Anyone else doing stuff with QR codes?

Loading replies...