Lakeland Fl porch roof repair/handyman needed

15 Replies

Should I repair the porch roof with drywall or vinyl soffit?  Does anyone have a recommendation for a person that Can address this situation in polk county?

Also, I need a handyman to fix a microwave handle.

I'm interested in fixing your microwave handle. sounds like a well paying gig considering you can pick up a decent used 1200 watt microwave at goodwill for $19.95.

@Anil Samuel can't help you with a handy man but I wouldn't go with drywall anything on exterior I'd go with soffit 

Hi Anil, I have some contacts nearby if you want to PM me, especially if you are on the east side. Jeff
Hi Anil Samuel I have some contacts nearby if you want to PM me, especially if you are on the east side. Jeff

@Jeff T.

I appreciate the quick response and assistance.  I did reach out to the person you suggested.

@Mike Freidenberger

I was leaning toward vinyl soffit.  Drywall doesn't really make sense, but it's what is installed there currently. I have someone taking  a look Monday morning.

Anybody in Lakeland FL that sells and installs used microwaves?

@Anil Samuelcheck the big box stores for open boxed items, they have their lists online now.  As for install, they will most likely charge an arm and a leg. 

Do people normally place insulation in an outdoor porch in FL?  I dont think it is really necessary.

@Steve B. that is an interesting suggestion for low end rentals.  I didn't know that Goodwill did appliances, nor would I have thought about it.

@Anil Samueltry the Used restaurant equipment stores in Kissimmee.  For some odd reason, they tend to have residential grade equipment, from time to time.

@Anil Samuelif you insulate a porch that will not be cooled it'll be hotter than normal because the heat won't be able to leave, so no. 

I will notify the contractor.

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.