Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Doing this one thing as a landlord saved me so much time!

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Jul 16 2015, 14:06

As a landlord or property owner with a vacant rental have you ever got so excited that a prospective applicant calls or emails about your rental property that you seem to forget everything else?  Yes! I am going to start collecting rent you yell... I've done it too.

If you want to save a lot of time, stress, hassle, and headaches when showing your vacant rentals ALWAYS have your prospective applicants confirm their appointment at least 2 hours in advance of the scheduled time. Many prospects won't call, won't show up, and instead of you sitting there getting angry that you just wasted the past hour and a half on a no-show, you just saved yourself a lot of time!  More time to spend with family, your kids, or sitting in the front of the TV instead of a hot car at a vacant property.  I will tell you at least half of my "scheduled" appointments do not confirm / do not show up. Almost all of my confirmed appointments show up. 

Free advice to other landlords, and I will tell you I have saved myself weeks, perhaps months, of my valuable time in the past 12 years of doing this. Your family and your sanity will thank you :)  Yes, seems so simple yet you would be surprised the number of hours wasted on no-shows.

What other time saving tips do you have from your landlording business others could benefit from?

Loading replies...