Anyone used Google.Sites as their Rental Prop Homepage?

11 Replies

Does anyone have experience using google sites for their rental property management?  I want to start using Buildium or some other PM tool, but they have TOO much.  I am looking for a place to file maintenance requests and hold all my properties.

If anyone has done this, please let me know and share your link!

I think Buildium and Google.Sites are overkill for what you need unless you wanted the extra features each package offers.

If you only need to file maint requests and organize important files per property then maybe a simple Google drive will do plus maybe custom rule in google mail to automatically organize your important property related emails. Just my 2 cents =)

Originally posted by @Joel De Jesus :

I think Buildium and Google.Sites are overkill for what you need unless you wanted the extra features each package offers.

If you only need to file maint requests and organize important files per property then maybe a simple Google drive will do plus maybe custom rule in google mail to automatically organize your important property related emails. Just my 2 cents =)

The thing I am trying to do now is act like I have 100+ units (even though I only have 6) in order to get all of my systems in place before I get more and more units.  Avoid being that burnt out landlord!  I am also weighing the advantage of trying to put all of this together on my own, or hire it all out to a PM... Sadly in the Cincinnati area, a good PM basically is non-existent.  

So now that we have the maintenance requests, homepage, marketing, and all the other things associated with a website, the next topic will be creating financial reports.  Postlets.com has brought me the best luck in advertising, so I plan to stick with that model in regards to posting my listings.

I use Cozy for my rental payments, which has been working out fantastic.  Is there a free software out there that will allow me to link up my bank accounts and track my income/expenses?

Got it. Check out this link comparing site builders.

http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/wix-vs-weebly-...

As for tracking finance, not sure if you're referring to property management specific, if not then mint.com does it well.

Very nice refs on Cozy and Postlets, will take note of those. Good luck with all the setup.

Originally posted by @Max James :

So now that we have the maintenance requests, homepage, marketing, and all the other things associated with a website, the next topic will be creating financial reports.  Postlets.com has brought me the best luck in advertising, so I plan to stick with that model in regards to posting my listings.

I use Cozy for my rental payments, which has been working out fantastic.  Is there a free software out there that will allow me to link up my bank accounts and track my income/expenses?

Definitely check out appfolio.  Great software and great stand by customer service.  They will even do a gotomeeting with you before signing up.