• Project Engineer
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Why use Quickbooks for buy n' holds?

Pavlos Kasselouris
  • Project Engineer
  • Miami Beach, FL
Posted Jul 29 2016, 08:28

The past days I'm researching ways to better systemize better my REI. So far since I have only 4 rentals the free version of RentecDirect works just fine, and if I decide to get the very affordable pro version I will be able to use more of their automated features. This will make my accounting pretty easy.

What I dont understand is why start using Quickbooks (with the added cost and the hassle of setting it up and learning it) in addition to the property management software when the software itself is capable to produce all necessary reports for your CPA and it provides you everything you need to run your PM business . In addition to that it cant be synchronized with Quickbooks, but again I dont understand the benefit...

Now as far as my fix and hold or sell there I do have an accounting nightmare and thats the reason I'm exploring QB...too many expenses in different categories plus the difference between improvement and repair that you need to have separated when you buy fix and hold...

Any hybrid investors out there that can help me with this??

Loading replies...