• Lakeside, CA
Votes |
No Consent for Solar Panels

Dave Rosenfield
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lakeside, CA
Posted Mar 3 2017, 13:53

Situation:

Few months back, Solar panel company calls and says they are working with local power company to lighten the load on the grid. They would like to do a survey of the house to see if the house qualifies. They are just informing us about the survey and will call when it is done. Never get a call back...

Go to house today, see solar panels on roof. I ask tenant about it, he says he signed off on them and that the solar company said they talked to me and I said it was ok. I informed him about my conversation with the company about the survey and he said the only survey they did was to see how many panels to put on.

So, can a Solar company put panels on a house with just the tenant consent? Do I have any legal grounds to have them removed at the cost of the Solar company? I am about to call the company, want to get my facts straight before I do.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 3 2017, 14:37

They were installed without your consent, they have no right to do it and you can demand they be removed. I would also be demanding they shingle the roof as opposed to simply repairing the damage.

If they do not remove them they become your property. Maybe you want to negotiate something to your advantage,