• Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
Landlord and Tenant Mindset...

Vijaianand Thirunageswaram
  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager
  • Sugar Land, TX
Posted May 26 2017, 06:03

Howdy,

I just want to share and through out question to other landlords and property managers on how you dealing with this situation. As an Investor myself and property manager, we like to make our rentals perform well without much turn overs. Too much turn overs will affect the numbers and screw it up. So we like to take care of tenants as much as possible and at the same time we need to draw the line so we don't get calls for just changing bulbs. I usually put copay $75 or something which applies for any repairs request from tenant. This helps us both ways to control calls for smaller things and also tenant hope to take care of smaller issues. It also controls cost from our end.

At the same time, if you look at the tenant aspect. Some tenants who are moving from apartment wants everything included in the rent. I had a tenant argue with me that I am paying $1500 and now I have to pay another $75 to get my a/c or plubming issue fixed. Why? It's your house and I am already paying rent. Why should I pay more for every repair? This question raised after two months of moving in. I had to explain to her that it's part of agreement you signed. You should have raised this concern when you signed with your agent. This is not the time. We do it for reason and I explained the reason. Still she is not convinced. From her end, she is thinking about apartment all inclusive and it should be same way with any rental. That's her mindset.

Being said both the sides, I know I been working out and making them understand to kept going but at times it hard. What's you all doing at these situations and handling it smoother? I don't want to be rough and tough but same time contract needs to be followed in way that tenant stays for long. 

• Broker TX (#612107)

Om Realty Group Logo

Loading replies...