Handling problem tenants

4 Replies

I suspect that one of my tenants is dealing drugs from his apartment. What can I do in this situation? I'm afraid that this can lead to some problems. Thank you.

I would contact the police and find out if they've had calls about the tenant. It is really important to get rid of a tenant if this is going on. You're in a really difficult situation, and I completely feel for you here. Wait too long and you can find yourself with the possibility of losing your property. Are they up to date on their rent? Are they living up to their lease? If they have violated your contract, now is the time to act. Good luck, and let us know how things go.

That's a great idea. I'm going to call them and see what I can ascertain. I guess I can take things from there. I'm looking for a lawyer to help me out on this one, but thank you for the input. :clap:

You really need to get rid of the tenant! You don't want anything like this to come and bite you in the butt. :badwords: I've heard of good people losing their property to the government because of similar situations. Please protect yourself.

if it is a month to month lease you should have the right to evict them for any reason you choose.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.