General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Zac Newell
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hove, United Kingdom
Votes |
Neighbor complaining about tenant dog. Looking for advice.

Zac Newell
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hove, United Kingdom
Posted Jul 12 2017, 09:22

Here is the situation.  I just wanted to get some other opinions on this.

I have have a condo that I rent to a tenant with a small dog and the neighbor has contacted me a couple times complaining about my tenants little dog barking for extended periods of time. The first time the tenant had just moved in so I didn't think much of it since the dog was in a new space. Still I contacted the tenant and let them know about the complaint. Now it's a couple months later and the same neighbor just sent me another text message complaint. This time she notified the HOA and is saying I need to resolve the barking dog issue and that it is solely my responsibility to resolve.

Ironically the neighbor also has a dog that barks on a regular basis.  It's a small condo and they share walls.  It's also in downtown Denver so there are sirens and things going on throughout the day and night anyway.

I'm sure there are some people out there that have had similar experiences and I am just wondering what you would do in this situation.  The only thing I have done so far is to recommend the neighbor address the issue with the tenant directly.

Thoughts?

Also I now see why many guests on the podcast say they would avoid condos.

Loading replies...